Monday, October 25, 2010

Yummy for my Tummy - Granola

The aroma of granola baking in the oven is spreading throughout my kitchen. I love granola! Especially in plain Kefir. Almond milk or Greek Yogurt works too. Here is my go to recipe that I do not follow very well. Don't we all tweak recipes to make them fit us better? Here is what I do differently:

  • First of all I don't like doing dishes so I don't mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. I mix the wet once in the big bowl then I just add the dry ones in one by one. Call me lazy. (I call it smart!)
  • We have nut allergies in the family so I don't add any nuts. Well, almonds are fine.
  • Some of my additional add ins are flax seeds, coconut flakes and dried fruits like raisins, craisins, chopped apricots, dates...
  • Since I add dried fruit I cut down on the honey a bit. Once I was out of honey but had some leftover pure maple syrup from a previous cooking project so I used that instead. I really want to try agave nectar but I have no idea where to find it. I've been looking around but I must search in all the wrong places. Please help me find it!
  • I also cut down on the cinnamon. A tablespoon is a lot! In my opinion.
  • I also want to add that I use the old fashioned oats, not the quick ones.
I DO follow the baking directions and it turns out SO yummy for my tummy.


2 comments:

  1. it does sound yummy!
    i don't know where to find agave honey locally, but you can buy it from Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=agave+honey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics