Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chowder - Lot's wife

A while ago I was reading about Lot's wife. You know, the one that looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt. It said (in this book) that she "may have been more attached to the good life than was good for her". Isn't that so true about most of us today? Let's face it, if you are able to read this you're probably someone who lives quite a good life. I'm not accusing you of being too attached to it, but I know that personally I've given in to so many 'wants' that I often can't afford to help those who have nothing.
In that book it also said that "she had learned to tolerate" the sin. Haven't we too? Just look at the TV. (I know that it's a common example, but it does prove a point.) The shows get worse every year, and we don't really react. We just get used to it. And don't we all sit on the couch while watching some "innocent" chick flick hoping that the guy and the girl will hook up and get a little too romantic even though they are not married? I know, there's not much left to watch if we decided to "be careful little eye what you see".
It's scary to realize how much I have in common with Lot's wife and I'm ashamed of some of the choices I've made. But there is one thing that separates me from her. "She ultimately refused God's attempts to save her."

1 comment:

  1. var försiktig lilla öga vad du ser
    var försiktig lilla öra vad du hör
    var försiktig lilla mun vad du säger
    var försiktig lilla tanke vad du tänker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics