Wednesday, March 2, 2011

P-U Stinky!!!

What stinks? 
Could it be the fact that E woke up at 6 am!!! this morning and woke up H too? 
Could it be the urine that leaked through H's diaper, again? (Seriously, she leaks through every other night. She's wearing a night diaper and she has 8 lbs left before the next size.) 
Could it be the passion fruit juice left on the ottoman by my 4 year old for my 1 year old to reach, and spill all over the floor and the clothes I just put her in? 
Could it be the broken pieces of glass all over the sink (and some on the floor)? 
Could it be the attitude of my 4 year old demanding to always get what she wants? 
Could it be the results of H's reflux on the clothes I just changed her into? 
Could it be the fact that H fell asleep in the car on the way to the dr's office (which I knew she would since it was her nap time) and then after me being very careful not to wake her up to bring her inside, the receptionists were really loud and woke her up? 
Could it be the result of H's reflux that had landed on me and the fact that I just now, at the dr's office realized that I smelled of vomit? 
Could it be the nurse giving me the shots too far to the center of my arms leaving me with sore, bumpy arms?
Could it be the fact that I had to give E a time out at the dr's office since she broke the rules we had just discussed before entering the building? 
Could it be the lunch (tuna) smeared all over my 1 year old's face and hair? 
Could it be the fact that I had to give her a bath before nap time since I was not about to put tuna baby down on freshly cleaned sheets. 
Could it be the toy microphone echoing in E's hands during H's nap time?


Well, as you can tell I'm having "one of those days" today. And although all of the above things mentioned stinks, literally or figuratively speaking, the thing that stinks the most about today is my response to the day, my attitude. That broken glass I mentioned above was from me being mad at E for leaving yet another glass out for H to spill so I threw it in the sink. Yeah, it looked like crushed ice, that's how much it shattered. How can I expect my 4 year old to make good choices when mine are clearly bad? I just can't seem to shake this attitude today and with each added thing it's not getting any better. So I sat down for a quick minute to see if any blogs were updated. Because that's what you do when you're upset at everything, right? Well, of course the only thing updated I hadn't already read was from this Godly woman. Not what I felt like reading right then and there but I clicked on the link anyways and Oh. Did. I. Need. Her. Blogpost. Today!!! I think she wrote with me in mind. Well, since she has no idea who I am, that I even exist, or read her blog it was probably written through her, by God, with me (and others like me) in mind. Check it out to see what I mean...

2 comments:

  1. awwww ((hugs)) sorry it was one of those days!! :( "How can I expect my 4 year old to make good choices when mine are clearly bad?" - i ask myself that question often!!! thank you for the blog link

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs to you Linda! remember that this season in your life will pass.
    i know i have had days like that! i put a hole in the wall with my anger. ugh!
    praying for you =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics