Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chowder - iPhone Meditaion

I never thought I needed an iPhone. And to be honest, I still don't think I need it, but oh, do I enjoy it. Like the time I had to wait in line at Walmart for almost an hour. To buy something for $8. And I know I could have walked out of there without my item, but I had been searching high and low for it so I didn't want to risk it being out of stock later on.

A while ago I discovered another perk. I recently started memorizing Bible verses in English. I figured after being here for 8+ years it's about time to switch to English, right? This is where the iPhone comes in handy with all its apps. I have a few different Bible apps, all free ones I think. But I mostly use this one:


What I really like about it is all the different versions available. So when I go to read a new verse I look it up in a bunch of different versions. Not to find the one that best tickles my ear, but to find the one that is easiest for me to understand. Being a foreigner and all that... Now I have been doing this for a few months and recently come to realize that this process actually makes me meditate on the verse for awhile. Reading it over and over again and kind of looking at it from different angels. I love it! So much that I just had to share it with y'all. It's like breathing in happy air. If that makes sense to anyone but myself I don't know. I might have just lost most of you right there so with all that said... yay for the iPhone, and more Yay!! for the Word of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics