Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yummy for my Tummy - Menu

I'm about to head out to the grocery store, but waiting for E to be ready for bed so we can pray first. So while I wait I will share my menu with you.

Fish in white mustard sauce (the sauce is white, not the mustard) with potatoes and peas. This is somewhat of a tradition for me from home. It's so good, especially after filling up on Christmas food for a few days. And I always serve peas with my fish. Not sure why. C always pics on me.

English Muffin Pizza What can I say? It's easy. E can make most of them. We have some English muffins in the freezer from a BOG2 sale recently. We make them on whole wheat.

Roast or Roullader (Not sure what you call them here.) I have the meat already in the freezer from a meat sale a couple of weeks ago. Time and energy will determine what I'll be making.

Beef Stew in the crock pot. Someone from C's work killed a cow or something so we got some meat. Love free meat! Thanks someone!

Broccoli Soup with Arnold circle sandwiches. The circles are on sale right now I think. And the broc is cheap too. And E loves soup. And I have a really yummy recipe.

Tuna Noodle casserole My MIL gave me a recipe I've been using for a long time. We really enjoy it, but it calls for a can of cream of chicken soup and since I try not to use canned soups (or anything half made from a box or can) I started making it all from scratch. (Well, I don't go fishing for the tuna, but I do whisk my own butter, flour and milk together.)

Leftover Three bean Chili Cornbread Casserole Again, in the freezer. I made A LOT the last time.

Texmex Soup. I found a recipe on Tasteline. It calls for a package of taco seasoning. I think I'll be able to make my own. Don't care for all that salt they use.

Usually I plan 11 meals and go shopping every other week. Not really sure why I only planned 8 this time. Hoping for leftovers!

Maybe some day I'll have time to share a recipe or two with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics