Thursday, October 14, 2010

Something to do - Themed play dough

I must admit I'm pretty stoked about today's little project.
When I was teaching at a day care we always had a weekly theme and I loved it and although I don't do weekly themes with my girls I still like to put a seasonal twist to things.

I discovered yesterday that our play dough was pretty dry and so today we made new play dough that we colored orange and then we mixed in some pumpkin spice. My play dough recipe is packed away somewhere in the basement but my sister-in-law (who by the way is the only person I know who has a ton of ideas and the energy to put them all into action) has a great recipe on her blog that we followed.
I added some fall cookie cutters and some pumpkin "carving tools" to the play dough basket.
E had fun making pumpkin cookies and then we made ourselves a little
jack-o-lantern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics