Monday, January 17, 2011

Something to do - First Year Calendar

 When E was little I made a calendar of her first year and sent it as a Christmas present to all the grandparents. I started in April and had time to work during her naps all through the year. This time around I had the same plans, but with a non napping three year old (now 4) I didn't get started until - gasp - October. Or was it November? Anyhow, I started LATE! And I was working late nights, often past midnight to finish them all up before Christmas. And still didn't manage to do so. But they are finally finished and I'm hoping to send them out this week. 

Okay, if you are a grandparent to my kids stop reading NOW! Do not scroll down. All I have to say is
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you!
.
.
.
.
.
.
(I just figured I should give them a chance to stop scrolling. I'm nice like that.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK, here we go...
This is the binder that will hold the pages once this year is over. The back of the tag says Merry Christmas 2010, or God Jul 2010 depending on what grandparent we're talking about.

This is the 1st page inside the album. The top picture is one of H's newborn pics. My grandmother gave me that little pram (?) stroller and then my talented mom changed the fabric and brought it with her in her suitcase (!!!) for E during one of her trips here. The bottom pic is of H on her first birthday. See how she's grown? She's still a li'l peanut though.

This picture makes me miss her being a little baby so much! She was tiny!

We have pictures of E in the same outfit, with the same heart pillow. I have to show you some time.

Sisters!





I really wanted to make a pool page, but apparently I only took pool pictures in July. I couldn't really skip a 4th of July theme so the American grandparents got the 4th theme and the Swedish ones got the pool pics.  


This is from our apple non picking trip. What a bad year for apples. How could they all be gone by the end of September? We still got some great shots.


 I'm so sorry you can't see the beautiful faces of my girls. Just trust me when I'm telling you that you're missing out on some seriously squeezable cheeks.
 
Sorry Santa. I didn't pixel out your face. But everyone  knows you already. =) 
Well, there you all have it. Maybe some day I'll post E's calendar too.

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! and those pages are beautiful :) you have such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO beautiful! we do calendars every year for family, but i buy them and then slide one photo in for each month. yours are MUCH more creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics