Friday, January 7, 2011

Chowder - not just for kids

H is taking her second nap for the day and E just had book time (me reading to her) and now she rests in her room for a little bit. I was so inspired by what we were reading today. 

I ask her every day if she wants to pick a book or if she wants me to read from the Bible. 99% of the time she picks the Bible. Right now we're reading from the Jesus Storybook Bible and this is what I want to share with you today:

(pg 210)
 "Jesus left the desert and set about the Great Rescue. He was going to get God's people back.
 But first he needed to find some helpers and friends. He had a lot to do. He would need some people to help him.
 Who would make good helpers, do you think? Clever ones? Rich ones? Strong, important ones? Some people might think so, but I'm sure by now you don't need me to tell you they'd be wrong. Because the people God uses don't have to know a lot of things, or have a lot of things - they just have to need him a lot."
(emphasis mine)

Do we need Him a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics