Wednesday, November 3, 2010

...with every Christmas card I write

A sweet friend of mine has been looking at Christmas cards since September. Me, not so much! Even though I'm usually a planner this year I've been more of a One season at a time- kind of person. We went apple picking, sort of. The apples fell early this year and was gone before you could say, well October. Then there was Halloween, and dare I say I had two very cute little trick or treaters to hmm, borrow(?) candy from. Soon we will celebrate Thanksgiving. Throw in some family birthdays too and there's just no time for a procrastinator like me to think about Christmas.
Actually, December is one of my favorite months to enjoy, but there's just so much planning that comes along with it that I get a bit overwhelmed just thinking about it, so I don't. Did I mention I'm a procrastinator?
I have a 4th birthday party to plan for and a 1st one too. Well, the 1st one will be in January, but that's awfully close to December, don't ya think?
Anyways, I love reading my sweet friend's blog and she wrote a blog post about Christmas cards and while clicking on her links I started dreaming of my family's Christmas cards this year. It was so much fun I really have to tell you all about it! I pictured my two little angels smiling cheerfully and patiently at the camera as I'm trying to snap that perfect Christmas card picture! (I dare you to burst that dream of mine!) What will they be wearing? What back drop will we use? (What candy should I bribe them with?) What site should I upload this perfect picture too and order my darling cards from?
Well, that last question is the only one I actually has an answer to as of right now. That was an easy one. Shutterfly, where else? Did you see their selection this year? If you know me you might be aware of the fact that my favorite color is brown. (Some might call it an obsession.) You can mix anything with brown and it looks good. They did! They mixed brown with Christmas cards and although I normally go pretty traditional with anything Christmas (you know, red, green, gold, or any combination of the three) they might have convinced me to take another road this year. I'm feeling adventurous! I also found some traditional colors in a retro take that also appeal to my newly found adventurous Christmas Spirit.
Don't you just love Christmas? And if Shutterfly's Christmas Card collection could get me in the Christmas mood they can do the same for you. Head on over and see for yourself. They are offering 20% off all holiday cards! And if you're a fellow blogger you might like to get 50 Christmas cards for free.

May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmas cards be... (brown?)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea - thanks for all the info. And yes, brown is beautiful (and versatile!) Maybe next year I will get brave enough to stray from my usual "traditional" cards with letter and photo inside...definitely sounds like a few less steps to assemble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this post! i will be checking out shutterfly today :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics